Bus Safety Rules
While Waiting For the Bus
- Arrive early to your designated bus stop.
- Wear bright clothes so you can be seen.
- Stay off the road,
- Wait for the bus in an orderly manner.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before boarding.
Once You Are On the Bus
- Keep your hands and head inside the bus at all times.
- Open windows only with permission. Never extend or throw objects out the window.
- No eating or sharing food on the bus.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Talk softly.
- Remain in your seat while the bus is in motion.
- Keep aisles clear.
- Objects larger than those, which can fit on your lap, are not permitted on the bus.
- Double check to see that you have all of your belongings (lunch, books, etc.) before you leave the bus.
- Listen, respect and obey the driver.
Once You’ve Left the Bus
- Get off at your designated stop.
- Get out of the road quickly.
- Cross the road only when necessary.
- To cross the road, walk at least ten steps from the door to the front of the bus.
- Make eye contact with the bus driver and wait until the driver gives you the signal to cross.
- Walk quickly, double checking both ways yourself.
- Don’t walk back unless signaled by the driver.
- Go straight home by a pre-determined route (discuss this with your parents or guardians).
Please contact the Transportation Department with questions or concerns at (631) 345-2775