Bus routes for the 2023-2024 school year are available here!
Longwood School District families can now use the WheresTheBus application to securely track the arrival of their child's bus. This app provides an enhanced and convenient school bus experience that delivers real-time tracking of bus locations via email and push notification alerts to assist our families in best managing their daily school bus experience.
After securely verifying their child's information, parents and guardians ca n use the mobile app to determine the location of their child's bus along with an estimated arrival time, which is based on real-time and GPS route analytics.
The WheresTheBus app is simple and takes less than five minutes to set up:
- Download the WheresTheBus app from the App Store (iOS / Apple) or Google Play Store (Android).
- You will be prompted to create an account.
- Select Longwood from the dropdown menu and provide your child's information. Once the information is verified, your account will be active.
- Log onto the app from any Internet-enabled device (smartphone, tablet, PC, iPod) to access real-time bus information.
You can also download the app utilizing the QR code below:
For technical support and questions, please contact email@example.com.
Bus Safety Rules
While Waiting For the Bus
- Arrive early to your designated bus stop.
- Wear bright clothes so you can be seen.
- Stay off the road,
- Wait for the bus in an orderly manner.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before boarding.
Once You Are On the Bus
- Keep your hands and head inside the bus at all times.
- Open windows only with permission. Never extend or throw objects out the window.
- No eating or sharing food on the bus.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Talk softly.
- Remain in your seat while the bus is in motion.
- Keep aisles clear.
- Objects larger than those, which can fit on your lap, are not permitted on the bus.
- Double check to see that you have all of your belongings (lunch, books, etc.) before you leave the bus.
- Listen, respect and obey the driver.
Once You’ve Left the Bus
- Get off at your designated stop.
- Get out of the road quickly.
- Cross the road only when necessary.
- To cross the road, walk at least ten steps from the door to the front of the bus.
- Make eye contact with the bus driver and wait until the driver gives you the signal to cross.
- Walk quickly, double checking both ways yourself.
- Don’t walk back unless signaled by the driver.
- Go straight home by a pre-determined route (discuss this with your parents or guardians).
Please contact the Transportation Department with questions or concerns at (631) 345-2775