NYSED Conducts Digital Equity Survey
Student access to dedicated devices and sufficient high-speed internet at home is vital for highly effective teaching and learning.
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is administering an annual BRIEF digital equity survey that will provide information on student access to devices and the internet in their places of residence, help identify school and district needs, target resources and inform state policy and legislative initiatives.
The survey is available through the Parent Portal using the Chrome browser on any device. Once you log in, you will be prompted to complete the survey. Upon completion, you will be able to access your child’s information on the portal.
- Before filling out the survey, you will need a Parent Portal account. Click here to create the account.
- The survey data will provide feedback on computing devices and broadband access in students' homes.
- One survey is required for each student in the district and must be completed annually.
- The survey consists of multiple-choice questions and should only take a few minutes of your time. It is important to answer all questions in the survey.
- To begin the survey, be sure to click the blue "new" button located in the middle of the screen.
- Please note the survey does not work on the mobile app. If you are using your phone, please go to the Google Chrome browser (use the same password as your app) to take the survey.
- If you have additional questions about the survey, please visit the NYSED website.
Thank you in advance for your participation!