A Teacher of Record is defined for the 2011-12 school year as those teachers who are primarily and directly responsible for a student's learning activities that are aligned to the performance measures of a course.
Account Creation: Teachers can create their accounts at the single sign-on location of the Education Data Portal (EDP) http://edp.nysed.gov. All information entered during the account creation process is encrypted and secure. Teacher will need last four digits of social security number and date of birth available prior to creating their account.
Initial View of the Teacher-Student Roster Verification Report: After creating the account, teachers should log in to view their student roster report using the user name/email address and password at https://eservices.nysed.gov/taa/login.htm.
Follow-Up Review of the Reports: Teachers should notify Mary Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Thursday if any inaccuracies are noted during the review of the Teacher-Student Roster Verification Report. The roster verification report will be updated the Monday following the week in which the corrected data are submitted to Ms. Richardson. Teachers should check the reports regularly, especially as the May 31 verification deadline approaches, to insure that the report displays new and updated or corrected information. Superintendents will certify the completeness and accuracy of the data, in part based on timely feedback from teachers.
Steps to follow:
- Receive PIN from school administrator--sign Student Roster Verification Record to indicate receipt of PIN.
- Use PIN to create account at http://edp.nysed.gov.
- Use created account user ID and password to verify that roster is correct. This check should be repeated weekly until roster is correct.
- Submit notification of all errors to Mary Richardson at email@example.com. Errors may include but are not limited to missing students, students who should not be on your roster, no PIN or roster assigned to teacher. This notification should occur by Thursday of each week so that corrections will be reflected in updated reports the following Monday.
- Sign Student Roster Verification Record to indicate verification that roster is complete and accurate.