THE STILL HOME
|The Still farm was located
about 1 mile north of the Middle Country Road on the east
side of Rte. 112.
William Still lived in the house as early as the American Revolution and was the first of the Still family in Brookhaven Town. William Still was enrolled with the First Regiment of Minutemen, which was led by Colonel Josiah Smith.
Smith Still, his grandson, later owned the property and is now buried in the Still family cemetery across the street.
Smith Still was also the grandfather of the late Robert Still, who was Brookhaven Superintendent of Highways.
North of Smith Still's property was the Griffin farm. In later years, it became part of the Still property. An old road started by the Griffin farm and ran both east and north; one could go to Mount Sinai by way of this road. This road was county Rd. 83 or Patchogue-Mt. Sinai Highway. There is a record of this road being laid out as far back as 1807.
The former Still farm now houses a storage facility, just south of the LIPA plaza.